Cyber and steam punk

In this genre, the future is dirty and gear-infused. People are both human and machine and everyone is connected. The soundtracks to these types of stories influenced a whole new culture of music. My favorite movies include Blade Runner (the original) so I was excited for this week. I only read a couple of chapters from altered carbon this week. My father had been raving about the Netflix series for weeks, so I thought I'd give the book a try. It seemed to have an interesting concept where downloading and storing your memory on a drive had been achieved. You are then given a new body when you die or are killed if your implant is kept protected. The story starts off with this criminal/ radical waking up in another body after his sentence. He is then taken to this incredibly rich and influential man's house where he is given a deal to either solve this man's murder from his past body which he has no memory of or be put back into jail. The main character is very suspicious of this guy and I think for good reasons. Who would hire an elite criminal to solve their murder? I hope to go back to this book eventually and find out.

Comments

Popular Posts